Provide feedback on this item
Please provide details, labels, or ideas that will help this image be more findable and better described.
When Chicago honored the war dead
Veterans of Square Post American Legion at Oakwoods Cemetery present a Memorial Day volley in honor of the fallen veterans. Edwin L. Dankers, Charles Oakley, and Oscar E. Carlstrom are in attendance.
15.6 x 15.2 cm
- American Legion--People--Illinois--Chicago--1930-1940
- Carlstrom, Oscar E.--Public appearances--Illinois--Chicago--1930-1940
- Chicago Veterans' Association--People--Illinois--Chicago--1930-1940
- Dankers, Edwin L.
- Government officials--American--Illinois--Chicago--1930-1940
- Memorial Day--1930-1940
- Memorial rites & ceremonies--Illinois--Chicago--1930-1940
- Oakley, Charles--Public appearances--Illinois--Chicago--1930-1940
- still image
- These materials are either in the public domain, according to U.S. copyright law, or permission has been obtained from rights owners. The digital version and supplementary materials are available for all educational uses worldwide.
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Image Collection
- Chicago Sunday Tribune (June 7, 1931), p. 8
- Chicago Tribune (Firm)