Provide feedback on this item
Please provide details, labels, or ideas that will help this image be more findable and better described.
Chicago Tribune: The Gumps
Advertisement by the Chicago Tribune encourages readers to read the comic strip "The Gumps" by Sidney Smith. Includes an image of Andy Gump outside his home worried to go in and tell his wife he has not found a job.
10.6 x 15.6 cm
black and white
- Gumps (Fictitious characters)
- Gump, Andy (Fictitious character)
- still image
- These materials are either in the public domain, according to U.S. copyright law, or permission has been obtained from rights owners. The digital version and supplementary materials are available for all educational uses worldwide.
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Image Collection
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Advertisement Collection
- Chicago Sunday Tribune (April 8, 1928), p. 7