Provide feedback on this item
Please provide details, labels, or ideas that will help this image be more findable and better described.
At the other end of transportation chronology
Ox-drawn carts manned by civilian teamsters in traditional dress travel down a street in Ocotal, in Nicaragua. The convoy carries food for American marines.
8 x 10.2 cm
- Carriages & coaches--Nicaraguan--Nicaragua--Ocotal--1930-1940
- United States. Marine Corps--Equipment & supplies--Nicaragua--Ocotal--1930-1940
- People associated with transportation--1930-1940
- Men--Clothing & dress--Nicaragua--Ocotal--1930-1940
- Ox teams--Nicaragua--Ocotal--1930-1940
- still image
- These materials are either in the public domain, according to U.S. copyright law, or permission has been obtained from rights owners. The digital version and supplementary materials are available for all educational uses worldwide.
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Image Collection
- Chicago Sunday Tribune (June 14, 1931), p. 8
- Chicago Tribune (Firm). Press Service