Provide feedback on this item
Please provide details, labels, or ideas that will help this image be more findable and better described.
Some campaign facts in picture
This cartoon by Robert Carter pokes fun at the amount of waste that goes into political campaigns, particularly the 1896 United States presidential election. The cartoon consists of four images displayed on the propellers of a windmill.
24.5 x 23 cm
black and white
- Carriages & coaches--1880-1890
- Political campaigns--1890-1900
- Presidential elections--United States--1890-1900
- Balloons (Aircraft)--1890-1900
- Chicago Auditorium Building (Chicago, Ill.)
- still image
- These materials are either in the public domain, according to U.S. copyright law, or permission has been obtained from rights owners. The digital version and supplementary materials are available for all educational uses worldwide.
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Image Collection
- Chicago Tribune (April 5, 1897), Section One, p. 3