Provide feedback on this item
Please provide details, labels, or ideas that will help this image be more findable and better described.
Little Orphan Annie
George wants to join Annie's "Junior Commandos" for scrap drives but assumes that, due to racial prejudice, he will not be welcome. Annie welcomes him and he tells her about an abandoned train engine that they later take apart for iron for the war effort. Annie promotes him to Sergeant.
38 x 34.3 cm
- Little Orphan Annie (Fictitious character)
- War work--United States--1940-1950
- Sandy (Fictitious dog)
- Race relations--United States--1930-1940
- Little Orphan Annie (Comic strip)
- George (Fictitious character)
- Scrap drives--1940-1950
- still image
- These materials are either in the public domain, according to U.S. copyright law, or permission has been obtained from rights owners. The digital version and supplementary materials are available for all educational uses worldwide.
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Image Collection
- Chicago Sunday Tribune (August 2, 1942), n.p.