Provide feedback on this item
Please provide details, labels, or ideas that will help this image be more findable and better described.
A Morro Castle lifeboat
One of the lifeboats from the SS Morro Castle, a luxury cruise liner that caught fire, arrives on shore with survivors.
9.5 x 16.6 cm
- Morro Castle (Steamship)--People--New Jersey--1930-1940
- Lifesaving--American--New Jersey--1930-1940
- Disaster victims--New Jersey--1930-1940
- Lifeboats--American--New Jersey--1930-1940
- still image
- These materials are either in the public domain, according to U.S. copyright law, or permission has been obtained from rights owners. The digital version and supplementary materials are available for all educational uses worldwide.
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Image Collection
- Chicago Sunday Tribune (September 16, 1934), p. 6
- Chicago Tribune (Firm)