Provide feedback on this item
Please provide details, labels, or ideas that will help this image be more findable and better described.
A campus pageant strikes a classical note
Photograph shows women wearing costumes as part of the commencement ceremony at Mills College in Oakland, California. The performers pretend to be medieval spinners walking home from the mill.
17.1 x 20.2 cm
- Manners & customs--California--Oakland--1930-1940
- Universities & colleges--California--Oakland--1930-1940
- Mills College--People--California--Oakland--1930-1940
- still image
- These materials are either in the public domain, according to U.S. copyright law, or permission has been obtained from rights owners. The digital version and supplementary materials are available for all educational uses worldwide.
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Image Collection
- Chicago Sunday Tribune (June 28, 1931), p. 6
- Acme Newspictures (New York, N.Y.)