Provide feedback on this item
Please provide details, labels, or ideas that will help this image be more findable and better described.
Chicago Tribune : almanac
Almanac for the year 1927, each month highlights awards, important publications an events covered by the Chicago Tribune. Features images of a linoleum print of the Tribune Tower, a drawing of a home, an image of the Book of Homes, an illustration from Westbrook Pegler's cartoon "The say-so of Holleran Yell," the Chicagoland Maps book, a photograph from the Kentucky Derby, a photograph of the boxing match between Jack Dempsey and Jack Sharkey, a drawing of an airplane from the serialized novel "Wings," a photograph of Tribune editor Thomas E. Sullivan, a drawing of a man on a turban, an illustration from John T. McCutcheon's comic "Master of the world," and a photograph of Richard Henry Little (R.H.L.).
49 x 36.5 cm
black and white
- Newspaper editors--American--Illinois--Chicago--1920-1930
- Saunders, John Monk, 1897-1940
- Tribune Tower (Chicago, Ill.)
- McCutcheon, John T. (John Tinney), 1870-1949
- The say-so of holleran yell (Comic)
- Pegler, J. Westbrook (James Westbrook), 1894-1969
- Horse racing--Kentucky-- Louisville--1920-1930
- Boxing--New York (State)--New York--1920-1930
- Sullivan, Thomas E.
- Chicago Tribune (Firm). Advertising Department
- Master of the world (Comic)
- Little, Richard Henry, 1869-1946
- still image
- These materials are either in the public domain, according to U.S. copyright law, or permission has been obtained from rights owners. The digital version and supplementary materials are available for all educational uses worldwide.
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Image Collection
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Advertisement Collection
- Chicago Sunday Tribune (January 1, 1928), p. 6