Provide feedback on this item
Please provide details, labels, or ideas that will help this image be more findable and better described.
Where fire-trapped convicts died
Full masthead photo of the prison yard at Columbus, Ohio where a fire killed prisoners. People move around the smokey prison yard, wrapped in blankets.
17 x 36.5 cm
- Disaster victims--Ohio--Columbus--1930-1940
- Ohio Penitentiary (Columbus, Ohio)--Disasters--1930-1940
- still image
- These materials are either in the public domain, according to U.S. copyright law, or permission has been obtained from rights owners. The digital version and supplementary materials are available for all educational uses worldwide.
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Image Collection
- Chicago Sunday Tribune (April 27, 1930), Picture Section, p. 1
- Pacific and Atlantic Photos, Inc.