Provide feedback on this item
Please provide details, labels, or ideas that will help this image be more findable and better described.
When fog blinded a birdman
An airplane wrecked from a crash at Green Pond, New Jersey. The pilot, W. P. Bottomley, and his passenger stand beside it. In the background are homes veiled in a thin fog.
17.5 x 14 cm
- Air pilots--American--New Jersey--Green Pond--1930-1940
- Aircraft accidents--New Jersey--Green Pond--1930-1940
- Bottomley, W. P.
- still image
- These materials are either in the public domain, according to U.S. copyright law, or permission has been obtained from rights owners. The digital version and supplementary materials are available for all educational uses worldwide.
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Image Collection
- Chicago Sunday Tribune (March 9, 1930), p. 3
- Pacific and Atlantic Photos, Inc.