Provide feedback on this item
Please provide details, labels, or ideas that will help this image be more findable and better described.
Among the folks in history
In this nostalgia-tinged cartoon two men pass by an older man who sits in a shack with the sign "Goose Nibble Weather Bureau." The shack has a weather vane on its roof and a "lucky horseshoe" above its door. One man tells the other that the elderly bearded occupant of the shack predicts weather by the status of his rheumatism and corns. A small dog runs towards the men.
10.5 x 10.4 cm
black and white
- Weather forecasting--1900-1910
- Weather vanes--1900-1910
- Older people--1900-1910
- Men--Clothing & dress--1900-1910
- still image
- These materials are either in the public domain, according to U.S. copyright law, or permission has been obtained from rights owners. The digital version and supplementary materials are available for all educational uses worldwide.
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Image Collection
- Chicago Sunday Tribune (July 24, 1938), Part 2, p. 6