Provide feedback on this item
Please provide details, labels, or ideas that will help this image be more findable and better described.
$7,500 punch : Arthur Jurs
Geissler Realty Company collector Arthur Jurs shows a bandaged left thumb to currency exchange manager Stanley Kunhs. The two were carrying $7,500 in cash and negotiable bonds when two men attempted a street robbery. Jurs thwarted the attempt by hitting a robber on the jaw. The two would-be thieves fled.
8.5 x 5 cm
black and white
- Business people--American--Illinois--Chicago--1930-1940
- Victims of crimes--Illinois--Chicago--1930-1940
- Geissler Realty Company--People--1930-1940
- Jurs, Arthur
- Kunhs, Stanley
- still image
- These materials are either in the public domain, according to U.S. copyright law, or permission has been obtained from rights owners. The digital version and supplementary materials are available for all educational uses worldwide.
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Image Collection
- Chicago Sunday Tribune (July 24, 1938), Part 1, p. 11
- Chicago Tribune (Firm)