Provide feedback on this item
Please provide details, labels, or ideas that will help this image be more findable and better described.
Arrow locates approximately the scene of new Soviet-Japanese clash
This map indicates the approximate scene of a 1938 clash between Soviet and Japanese forces along the Ussuri River on the border of the Soviet Maritime Province (Primorsky Krai) and the Japanese puppet state of Manchukuo.
6 x 2.5 cm
black and white
- Boundaries--Russia--Primorsky Krai--1930-1940
- Boundaries--Ussuri River (Russia and China)--1930-1940
- Battlefields--Russia--Primorsky Krai--1930-1940
- Battlefields--Ussuri River (Russia and China)--1930-1940
- still image
- These materials are either in the public domain, according to U.S. copyright law, or permission has been obtained from rights owners. The digital version and supplementary materials are available for all educational uses worldwide.
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Image Collection
- Chicago Sunday Tribune (July 24, 1938), Part 1, p. 5