Provide feedback on this item
Please provide details, labels, or ideas that will help this image be more findable and better described.
War pilots learn to fear ground fire : this picture was snapped less than a second after picture no. 2
A shot down Japanese bombing plane before it hits the earth.
5.6 x 4.9 cm
black and white
- Bombers--Japanese--China--Nanjing (Jiangsu Sheng)--1930-1940
- Air warfare--China--Nanjing (Jiangsu Sheng)--1930-1940
- still image
- These materials are either in the public domain, according to U.S. copyright law, or permission has been obtained from rights owners. The digital version and supplementary materials are available for all educational uses worldwide.
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Image Collection
- Chicago Sunday Tribune (December 5, 1937), Graphic Section, p. 8
- Associated Press-Paramount News