Provide feedback on this item
Please provide details, labels, or ideas that will help this image be more findable and better described.
War pilots learn to fear ground fire : one of the new German anti-aircraft cannon which is being tested in the Spanish war
A man in civilian clothes (sneakers, short, and shirt) sits on a Flak 30 20 mm anti-aircraft gun made by the German firm Rheinmetall-Borsig Mauser. The gun is sited in a stone-lined emplacement. Two rifles lie on the ground. This type of gun was supplied by Nazi Germany to Nationalist forces in the Spanish Civil War.
12.2 x 15.3 cm
black and white
- Men--Clothing & dress--1930-1940
- Sport clothes--1930-1940
- 20 mm FlaK gun
- Flak 30 (Trademark)
- Antiaircraft guns--German--1930-1940
- Rheinmetall-Borsig AG--Products--1930-1940
- Forts & fortifications--1930-1940
- still image
- These materials are either in the public domain, according to U.S. copyright law, or permission has been obtained from rights owners. The digital version and supplementary materials are available for all educational uses worldwide.
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Image Collection
- Chicago Sunday Tribune (December 5, 1937), Graphic Section, p. 8
- Acme Newspictures (New York, N.Y.)