Provide feedback on this item
Please provide details, labels, or ideas that will help this image be more findable and better described.
After the fall of Westerplatz
The devastated remains of Westerplatz of Warsaw, Poland, after falling to German troops during World War II.
15.7 x 26.1 cm
- War damage--Poland--Westerplatz
- World War, 1939-1945--Battlefields--Poland--Westerplatz
- World War, 1939-1945--Campaigns & battles--German--Poland--Westerplatz
- World War, 1939-1945--Destruction & pillage--German--Poland--Westerplatz
- still image
- These materials are either in the public domain, according to U.S. copyright law, or permission has been obtained from rights owners. The digital version and supplementary materials are available for all educational uses worldwide.
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Image Collection
- Chicago Sunday Tribune (October 8, 1939), p. 11
- Acme Newspictures (New York, N.Y.)