Provide feedback on this item
Please provide details, labels, or ideas that will help this image be more findable and better described.
Terry and the pirates : futility without utility
In this "Terry and the Pirates," cartoon by Milton Caniff is in a prison cell and with Terry Lee, an American teenager and his Chinese guide Connie (AKA George Webster Confucius) meet with jailed journalist Pat Ryan. With Connie looking on, Terry and Pat confer about Pat’s dismal legal situation. A British jailer tells Terry and Connie that visiting time is over.
8.5 x 26 cm
black and white
- Lee, Terry (Fictitious character)
- Ryan, Pat (Fictitious character)
- Journalists--American--East Asia--1930-1940
- Ethnic stereotypes--1930-1940
- Connie (Fictitious character)
- Cells (Rooms & spaces)--Asia--1930-1940
- Guides & scouts--Asia--1930-1940
- still image
- These materials are either in the public domain, according to U.S. copyright law, or permission has been obtained from rights owners. The digital version and supplementary materials are available for all educational uses worldwide.
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Image Collection
- Chicago Daily Tribune (July 6, 1937), Finance/Commerce, p. 27