Provide feedback on this item
Please provide details, labels, or ideas that will help this image be more findable and better described.
Smilin' Jack : the one man grand
In this "Smilin' Jack : the one man grand," cartoon by Zack Mosley, Smilin' Jack is the only man stranded on an island with a group of swooning women. The muscular Jack wears a tank top shirt, riding breeches and riding boots. The women’s dresses are in a state of dishevelment.
8.7 x 25.7 cm
black and white
- Air pilots--American--1930-1940
- Relations between the sexes--1930-1940
- Smilin Jack (Fictitious character)
- still image
- These materials are either in the public domain, according to U.S. copyright law, or permission has been obtained from rights owners. The digital version and supplementary materials are available for all educational uses worldwide.
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Image Collection
- Chicago Daily Tribune (July 6, 1937), Sports/Markets/Want Ads, p. 22