Provide feedback on this item
Please provide details, labels, or ideas that will help this image be more findable and better described.
The Gumps : a will of her own
In this "The Gumps : A Will Of Her Own “cartoon Mrs. De Stross angrily disagrees with Andy Gump's opinion regarding his uncle Benjamin’s (“Uncle Bim) loaning money to a young woman. Mrs. De Stross threatens legal action and leaves. His wife, Min Gump, counsels him that he should let Mrs. Stross get her way. Andy rejects her advice.
9 x 32 cm
black and white
- Gump, Minerva (Fictitious character)
- Gump, Andy (Fictitious character)
- De Stross, Mrs. (Imaginary character)
- still image
- These materials are either in the public domain, according to U.S. copyright law, or permission has been obtained from rights owners. The digital version and supplementary materials are available for all educational uses worldwide.
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Image Collection
- Chicago Daily Tribune (July 6, 1937), Sports/Markets/Want Ads, p. 21