Provide feedback on this item
Please provide details, labels, or ideas that will help this image be more findable and better described.
Amelia located by garbled radio message
This map shows the location in the Pacific Ocean where famed aviatior Amelia Earhart and her navigator Fred Noonan vanished. The area is labeled to show main locations and times along her journey, as well as times when radio messages were received from her.
12.7 x 16 cm
black and white
- Earhart, Amelia, 1897-1937
- Noonan, Frederick J., -1937
- Pacific Ocean--1930-1940
- Aircraft accidents--Pacific Ocean--1930-1940
- still image
- These materials are either in the public domain, according to U.S. copyright law, or permission has been obtained from rights owners. The digital version and supplementary materials are available for all educational uses worldwide.
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Image Collection
- Chicago Daily Tribune (July 6, 1937), p. 2