Provide feedback on this item
Please provide details, labels, or ideas that will help this image be more findable and better described.
A strain on the family tie
In this "A Strain on the Family Tie” cartoon by Gaar Williams, Mort helps his nephew write and deliver romantic poetry. Mort's wife thinks Mort is the one who is trying to woo another woman. He suffers the consequences. Mort’s poetry does warm the heart of his nephew’s beloved.
22.9 x 34.5 cm
- Mort, Uncle (Fictitious character)
- Relations between the sexes--1930-1940
- A Strain on the Family Tie (Comic strip)
- still image
- These materials are either in the public domain, according to U.S. copyright law, or permission has been obtained from rights owners. The digital version and supplementary materials are available for all educational uses worldwide.
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Image Collection
- Chicago Sunday Tribune (February 10, 1935), p. 11