Provide feedback on this item
Please provide details, labels, or ideas that will help this image be more findable and better described.
Britannia rules the waves of Europe!
This map of Europe shows major production locations of iron ore, oil, and wheat along with the control ability of the British Royal Navy, with an inset world map showing the worldwide influence of the British Royal Navy.
46.3 x 36.8 cm
- Freedom of the seas--1930-1940
- World War, 1939-1945--Equipment & supplies--Europe--1930-1940
- still image
- These materials are either in the public domain, according to U.S. copyright law, or permission has been obtained from rights owners. The digital version and supplementary materials are available for all educational uses worldwide.
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Image Collection
- Chicago Sunday Tribune (July 31, 1938), Graphic Section/Camera News Review, p. 1