Provide feedback on this item
Please provide details, labels, or ideas that will help this image be more findable and better described.
In this "Streaky” cartoon by Gus Edson, Streaky, his right arm bandaged and in a sling, teaches the boys of the “Fair Play Club” how to play basketball. The lads take to the game and swear that nothing will distract them from it. However, when a neighbor lady offers cocoa and cookies, the group runs to her door.
23 x 34.7 cm
- Boys--Clothing & dress--1930-1940
- Medical equipment & supplies--1930-1940
- Basketball players--1930-1940
- Streaky (Fictitious person)
- Fair Play Club (Fictitious group)
- still image
- These materials are either in the public domain, according to U.S. copyright law, or permission has been obtained from rights owners. The digital version and supplementary materials are available for all educational uses worldwide.
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Image Collection
- Chicago Sunday Tribune (February 10, 1935), p. 9