Provide feedback on this item
Please provide details, labels, or ideas that will help this image be more findable and better described.
In this "Tiny Tim" cartoon by Stanley Link, Tim Gunt and his sister Dotty arrive at the land of Erehwon and meet its king. Tim states that their arrival is due to a malfunctioning time machine. The king explains, in a roundabout way, that Erehwon is populated by characters from fairy tales and legends. He also says that the Erehwon is a backward place, so much so that its own name is spelled backwards: “Nowhere.”
23.8 x 34.6 cm
- Gunt, Tim (Fictitous character)
- Gunt, Dotty (Fictitious character)
- King of Erehwon (Fictitious character)
- Erehwon (Imaginary place)
- still image
- These materials are either in the public domain, according to U.S. copyright law, or permission has been obtained from rights owners. The digital version and supplementary materials are available for all educational uses worldwide.
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Image Collection
- Chicago Sunday Tribune (February 10, 1935), p. 6