Provide feedback on this item
Please provide details, labels, or ideas that will help this image be more findable and better described.
Ovaltine (The Wander Company)
Advertisement for Ovaltine by The Wander Co. includes a comic about Jean Harmon, a small girl who was nervous and underweight. Her teacher, Miss Brooks, advises Molly Harmon, Jean’s mother, to have the child drink Ovaltine. Mrs. Harmon goes to the grocer’s and orders Ovaltine. In the remaining panels Jean delights her parents by gaining weight and getting a good report card.
24.5 x 36.2 cm
- Girls--Clothing & dress--1930-1940
- Nervous system--1930-1940
- Ovaltine (Trademark)
- Wander (Firm)--Products--1930-1940
- Grocery stores--1930-1940
- Advertising comics--1930-940
- Harmon, Jean (Fictitious character)
- Harmon, Molly (Fictitious character)
- Report cards--1930-1940
- Brooks, Miss (Fictitious character)
- still image
- These materials are either in the public domain, according to U.S. copyright law, or permission has been obtained from rights owners. The digital version and supplementary materials are available for all educational uses worldwide.
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Image Collection
- Chicago Sunday Tribune (February 10, 1935), p. 5