Provide feedback on this item
Please provide details, labels, or ideas that will help this image be more findable and better described.
Little Orphan Annie
In this "Little Orphan Annie" cartoon by Harold Gray, Annie, her dog Sandy, and Oliver “Daddy” Warbucks hide in a house. They are discovered by Henry Morgan, an old friend of Oliver's. Morgan is accompanied by Punjab the Wizard, a large turbaned South Asian man, who Annie initially called “The Giant.”
37.5 x 34.4 cm
- Capitalists & financiers--1930-1940
- Little Orphan Annie (Fictitious character)
- Sandy (Fictitious dog)
- Warbucks, Oliver (Fictitious character)
- Punjab the Wizard (Fictitious character)
- South Asians--1930-1940
- still image
- These materials are either in the public domain, according to U.S. copyright law, or permission has been obtained from rights owners. The digital version and supplementary materials are available for all educational uses worldwide.
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Image Collection
- Chicago Sunday Tribune (February 10, 1935), p. 4