Provide feedback on this item
Please provide details, labels, or ideas that will help this image be more findable and better described.
Comic by Walter Berndt, Smitty is reading ghost stories. He is frightened by a threatening voice that follows him around the house. It turns out that his father is in the basement yelling and chasing a mouse. His voice is carried throughout the house by the furnace pipes.
40.5 x 35.7 cm
- Pipes (Conduits)--1930-1940
- Smitty (Fictitious character)
- Smitty (Comic strip)
- still image
- These materials are either in the public domain, according to U.S. copyright law, or permission has been obtained from rights owners. The digital version and supplementary materials are available for all educational uses worldwide.
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Image Collection
- Chicago Sunday Tribune (January 11, 1931), p. 5