Provide feedback on this item
Please provide details, labels, or ideas that will help this image be more findable and better described.
Know your camera : an orange filter created dramatic quality
This photograph of a parked DC-3 twin-engined airliner demonstrates the effect of an orange filter used with the camera lens. A ground crew man stands on a ladder near the left engine. He tots a hose from a fuel truck. Another man sits on the wing between the engine and the fuselage.
12.4 x 15.3 cm
black and white
- Airplane engines--1930-1940
- Douglas Aircraft Company--Products--1930-1940
- Douglas DC-3 (Transport plane)
- Transport planes--American--1930-1940
- Ground crew--1930-1940
- still image
- These materials are either in the public domain, according to U.S. copyright law, or permission has been obtained from rights owners. The digital version and supplementary materials are available for all educational uses worldwide.
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Image Collection
- Chicago Sunday Tribune (August 20, 1939), p. 9