Provide feedback on this item
Please provide details, labels, or ideas that will help this image be more findable and better described.
A Carnegie to marry : Louise Carnegie Miller
Louise Carnegie Miller, granddaughter of industrialist and philantrophist Andrew Carnegie. She was engaged to a lawyer from her grandfather’s homeland of Scotland. She wears a skirt and buttoned blouse with a “Peter Pan” collar and "leg of mutton" sleeves.
16.7 x 12.5 cm
black and white
- Women--Clothing & dress--United States--1930-1940
- Carnegie, Andrew, 1835-1919--Family--1930-1940
- Miller, Louise Carnegie
- still image
- These materials are either in the public domain, according to U.S. copyright law, or permission has been obtained from rights owners. The digital version and supplementary materials are available for all educational uses worldwide.
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Image Collection
- Chicago Sunday Tribune (February 6, 1938), p. 11
- Associated Press