Provide feedback on this item
Please provide details, labels, or ideas that will help this image be more findable and better described.
Camera over the sea : Nazi propaganda
A Nazi propaganda poster contrasts the condition of German youth with their Soviet counterparts. The top half titled “Deutschlands zukunft” (“Germany’s Future”) shows a photo of three buxom blond athletes in tank tops and gym shorts. Two of them hold medicine balls. Below them is a photo of teenage boys in gym shorts and tank tops sitting in a circle. Tents are in the background. The bottom half of the poster titled “Kinder ohne Jugend” (“Children without a childhood”) shows a photo of listless children in shabby clothes. Some are standing; others huddled together on the ground.
20.3 x 7.5 cm
black and white
- Nationalsozialistische Deutsche Arbeiter-Partei--People--1930-1940
- Sport clothes--1930-1940
- Children--Clothing & dress--Germany--1930-1940
- Children--Clothing & dress--Soviet Union--1930-1940
- Children--Soviet Union--1930-1940
- Street children--Soviet Union--1930-1940
- Exercise equipment & supplies--1930-1940
- still image
- These materials are either in the public domain, according to U.S. copyright law, or permission has been obtained from rights owners. The digital version and supplementary materials are available for all educational uses worldwide.
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Image Collection
- Chicago Sunday Tribune (), n.p.