Provide feedback on this item
Please provide details, labels, or ideas that will help this image be more findable and better described.
The fiddler and the blonde hat check girl : unpretentious is the Virginia home
Dancer/hat-check girl/cafe hostess Peggy Garcia stands on the wrap-around porch of the two-story wood-frame house in Virginia where she was born. Three African-American boys sit in front of her. Garcia accused violinist David Rubinoff of alleging seduction under the promise of marriage.
7.5 x 10 cm
black and white
- Relations between the sexes--1930-1940
- African American boys--Virginia--1930-1940
- still image
- These materials are either in the public domain, according to U.S. copyright law, or permission has been obtained from rights owners. The digital version and supplementary materials are available for all educational uses worldwide.
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Image Collection
- Chicago Sunday Tribune (April 25, 1937), p. 11