Provide feedback on this item
Please provide details, labels, or ideas that will help this image be more findable and better described.
British subjects hail king and queen in silver jubilee : in St. Paul's cathedral
King George V and Queen Mary stand in front of their thrones inside St. Paul's Cathedral in London during the 25th Jubilee ceremony. The King wears a bemedaled British Army uniform; the Queen a gown, fur-trimmed coat and hat. Behind them are family members including the Prince of Wales (later King Edward VIII/Duke of Windsor) and Prince George, Duke of York (later King George VI). On both sides are various dignitaries.
11 x 24 cm
- George VI, King of Great Britain, 1895-1952--Public appearances--England--London
- St. Paul's Cathedral (London, England)
- Windsor, Edward, Duke of, 1894-1972--Public appearances--England--London
- George V, King of Great Britain, 1865-1936 --Public appearances--England--London--1930-1940
- Mary, Consort of George V, King of Great Britain, 1867-1953--Public appearances--England--London--1930-1940
- Rites & ceremonies--England--London--1930-1940
- still image
- These materials are either in the public domain, according to U.S. copyright law, or permission has been obtained from rights owners. The digital version and supplementary materials are available for all educational uses worldwide.
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Image Collection
- Chicago Sunday Tribune (May 19, 1935), p. 3
- Acme Newspictures (New York, N.Y.)