Provide feedback on this item
Please provide details, labels, or ideas that will help this image be more findable and better described.
Beneath an umbrella
Edward Albert, the Prince of Wales (later King Edward VIII/Duke of Windsor), inspects a row of student officers at the Imperial Service College, Windsor. He is in street clothes wearing a long coat and carries an open umbrella. He is escorted by a British Army officer wearing a peaked hat, coat, Sam Brown belt, and riding breeches & boots. Another officer, similarly attired, stands in front of the student officers. The student officers carry rifles with fixed bayonets at left shoulder arms. They wear peaked hats, tunics, and trousers with puttees.
12.5 x 20.5 cm
- Military officers--British--1930-1940
- Windsor, Edward, Duke of, 1894-1972--Public appearances--Great Britain--1930-1940
- Cadets--Great Britain--1930-1940
- Imperial Service College (Great Britain)--People--1930-1940
- still image
- These materials are either in the public domain, according to U.S. copyright law, or permission has been obtained from rights owners. The digital version and supplementary materials are available for all educational uses worldwide.
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Image Collection
- Chicago Sunday Tribune (November 25, 1934), p. 2
- Acme Newspictures (New York, N.Y.)