Provide feedback on this item
Please provide details, labels, or ideas that will help this image be more findable and better described.
A $5,000 cradle for a royal baby
Two men work on an elaborate cradle created for Princess Maria Pia of Savoy, first child of Italy's crown princess, Marie José of Belgium, and Prince of Piedmont Umberto II of Italy. It was a gift from Italian mothers.
11 x 10 cm
- Umberto II, King of Italy, 1904-1983--Family--1930-1940
- Maria Pia, Princess of Savoy--Childhood & youth
- still image
- These materials are either in the public domain, according to U.S. copyright law, or permission has been obtained from rights owners. The digital version and supplementary materials are available for all educational uses worldwide.
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Image Collection
- Chicago Sunday Tribune (September 23, 1934), p. 2
- Acme Newspictures (New York, N.Y.)