Provide feedback on this item
Please provide details, labels, or ideas that will help this image be more findable and better described.
Cactus as a barrier
As part of a Gymkhana equestrian competition, a female rider jumps her horse over a barrier of prickly pear cacti in Palm Springs, California. In the background are two Native American riders in Plains Indian headdresses.
17 x 10 cm
- Jumping (Horsemanship)--California--Palm Springs--1930-1940
- Horseback riding--California--Palm Springs--1930-1940
- War bonnets--1930-1940
- Indians of North America--California--Palm Springs--1930-1940
- Cactus--California--Palm Springs--1930-1940
- still image
- These materials are either in the public domain, according to U.S. copyright law, or permission has been obtained from rights owners. The digital version and supplementary materials are available for all educational uses worldwide.
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Image Collection
- Chicago Sunday Tribune (March 5, 1933), p. 2
- Associated Press