Provide feedback on this item
Please provide details, labels, or ideas that will help this image be more findable and better described.
A Japanese military funeral pyre
A Japanese military funeral pyre. The ashes of the soldiers will be returned to Japan. The casualties were the result of fighting at Tsitsihar, Manchuria.
10.6 x 13.8 cm
- Japan. Rikugun--People--China--1930-1940
- Sino-Japanese Conflict, 1931-1933--Casualties--Japanese--China--Qiqihar Shi --1930-1940
- Funeral rites & ceremonies--China--1930-1940
- Sino-Japanese Conflict, 1931-1933--Military personnel--China--1930-1940
- still image
- These materials are either in the public domain, according to U.S. copyright law, or permission has been obtained from rights owners. The digital version and supplementary materials are available for all educational uses worldwide.
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Image Collection
- Chicago Sunday Tribune (December 27, 1931), p. 7
- Acme Newspictures (New York, N.Y.)