Provide feedback on this item
Please provide details, labels, or ideas that will help this image be more findable and better described.
Sitting with Graciosa on a gayly patterned prayer rug
Illustration for the short romance story "Graciosa," written by Anne Duffield. On a river bank opposite two pyramids, a British Army officer and a European woman sit beneath a large palm tree. In the background are Arabs in traditional dress gathered near and on a dhow.
25.5 x 29.5 cm
black and white
- Great Britain. Army--People--Egypt--1920-1930
- Military officers--British--Egypt--1920-1930
- still image
- These materials are either in the public domain, according to U.S. copyright law, or permission has been obtained from rights owners. The digital version and supplementary materials are available for all educational uses worldwide.
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Image Collection
- Chicago Sunday Tribune (January 29, 1928), p. 2