Provide feedback on this item
Please provide details, labels, or ideas that will help this image be more findable and better described.
Peter C. Hains Jr. walked out of Sing Sing Prison as a free man
Captain Peter C. Hains Jr., who shot and killed his wife's alleged lover, William Annis, walks out of Sing Sing Prison with his father, General Peter Conover Hains Sr., in 1911 after his pardon.
13 x 10 cm
black and white
- Ex-convicts--New York (State)--Ossining--1910-1920
- Hains, Peter C. (Peter Conover), 1840-1921
- Hains, Peter C., b. 1872
- still image
- These materials are either in the public domain, according to U.S. copyright law, or permission has been obtained from rights owners. The digital version and supplementary materials are available for all educational uses worldwide.
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Image Collection
- Chicago Sunday Tribune (August 8, 1937), p. 3
- International News Photos (New York, N.Y.)