Provide feedback on this item
Please provide details, labels, or ideas that will help this image be more findable and better described.
Roughing stand of the 78 inch
A roughing stand takes the steel slab from the blooming mill and reduces it in width at the Indiana Harbor plant of the Inland Steel Company.
13.2 x 10.1 cm
black and white
- Inland Steel Company--Facilities--Indiana--East Chicago--1930-1940
- Steel industry--Indiana--East Chicago--1930-1940
- still image
- These materials are either in the public domain, according to U.S. copyright law, or permission has been obtained from rights owners. The digital version and supplementary materials are available for all educational uses worldwide.
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Image Collection
- Chicago Sunday Tribune (May 23, 1937), p. 9
- Chicago Tribune (Firm). Studio