Provide feedback on this item
Please provide details, labels, or ideas that will help this image be more findable and better described.
Birth of steel
Liquid steel flows from an open hearth furnace and into a ladle at the Indiana Harbor plant of the Inland Steel Company.
14.7 x 10.3 cm
black and white
- Furnaces--Indiana--East Chicago--1930-1940
- Inland Steel Company--Facilities--Indiana--East Chicago--1930-1940
- Steel industry--Indiana--East Chicago--1930-1940
- still image
- These materials are either in the public domain, according to U.S. copyright law, or permission has been obtained from rights owners. The digital version and supplementary materials are available for all educational uses worldwide.
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Image Collection
- Chicago Sunday Tribune (May 23, 1937), p. 9
- Chicago Tribune (Firm). Studio