Provide feedback on this item
Please provide details, labels, or ideas that will help this image be more findable and better described.
At the high water mark of the Confederacy
General George Gordon Meade, whose Union soldiers fought General Robert E. Lee's Confederate soldiers at the Battle of Gettysburg during the American Civil War.
12.5 x 10.2 cm
- Generals--American--United States--1860-1880
- Meade, George Gordon, 1815-1872
- United States. Army--People--1830-1880
- still image
- These materials are either in the public domain, according to U.S. copyright law, or permission has been obtained from rights owners. The digital version and supplementary materials are available for all educational uses worldwide.
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Image Collection
- Chicago Sunday Tribune (January 24, 1937), p. 5
- Chicago Historical society