Provide feedback on this item
Please provide details, labels, or ideas that will help this image be more findable and better described.
Sets world mark at American Air Races
Charles Abel stands next to the glider with which he broke his own world record during the American Air Races.
17 x 10 cm
black and white
- Abel, Charles Eugene
- Air pilots--American--Illinois--Chicago--1930-1940
- Airplane racing--Illinois--Chicago--1930-1940
- American Air Races (1933 : Chicago, Ill.)
- Gliders (Aircraft)--American--Illinois--Chicago--1930-1940
- World records--Illinois--Chicago--1930-1940
- still image
- These materials are either in the public domain, according to U.S. copyright law, or permission has been obtained from rights owners. The digital version and supplementary materials are available for all educational uses worldwide.
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Image Collection
- Chicago Daily Tribune (July 6, 1933), p. 32
- Chicago Tribune (Firm)