Provide feedback on this item
Please provide details, labels, or ideas that will help this image be more findable and better described.
Holiday crowd of 120,000 spectators jams Chicago municipal airport to witness thrilling events on American air race program
A view of the grandstands at Chicago Municipal Airport during the American Air Races. The crowd consisted of at least 120,000 spectators.
17 x 41.5 cm
black and white
- Airplane racing--Illinois--Chicago--1930-1940
- American Air Races (1933 : Chicago, Ill.)
- Sports spectators--Illinois--Chicago--1930-1940
- still image
- These materials are either in the public domain, according to U.S. copyright law, or permission has been obtained from rights owners. The digital version and supplementary materials are available for all educational uses worldwide.
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Image Collection
- Chicago Daily Tribune (July 5, 1933), p. 34
- Chicago Tribune (Firm)