Provide feedback on this item
Please provide details, labels, or ideas that will help this image be more findable and better described.
Chicago Tribune : Century of Progress Queen Competition
The Chicago Tribune features the Century of Progress Queen Competition, which offers $20,000 in prizes for girls who have their photographs published in the Chicago Tribune. The winner of the contest becomes the queen of A Century of Progress, Chicago's World's Fair Exhibition of 1933-1934. This issue includes ten photographs of women.
49 x 76.5 cm
- Beauty contestants--Middle West--1930-1940
- Beauty contests--Illinois--Chicago--1930-1940
- Century of Progress International Exposition (1933-1934 : Chicago, Ill.)
- Women--Middle West--1930-1940
- still image
- These materials are either in the public domain, according to U.S. copyright law, or permission has been obtained from rights owners. The digital version and supplementary materials are available for all educational uses worldwide.
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Image Collection
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Advertisement Collection
- Chicago Sunday Tribune (January 29, 1933), p. 5
- Chicago Sunday Tribune (January 29, 1933), p. 4