Provide feedback on this item
Please provide details, labels, or ideas that will help this image be more findable and better described.
View of the Rutledge Tavern in the recreated village of New Salem, Illinois. Abraham Lincoln, 16th President of the United States, lived in the original New Salem community.
10.5 x 16.6 cm
- Historic sites--Illinois--New Salem (Menard County)--1930-1940
- Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865--Homes & haunts--Illinois--New Salem (Menard County)
- Log buildings--Illinois--New Salem (Menard County)--1830-1840
- Taverns (Inns)--Illinois--New Salem (Menard County)--1830-1840
- still image
- These materials are either in the public domain, according to U.S. copyright law, or permission has been obtained from rights owners. The digital version and supplementary materials are available for all educational uses worldwide.
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Image Collection
- Chicago Sunday Tribune (February 12, 1939), Graphic Section/Camera News Review, p. 1
- Chicago Tribune (Firm)