Provide feedback on this item
Please provide details, labels, or ideas that will help this image be more findable and better described.
Swooping down 1,000 feet in a flaming plane
Pilot Robert Black and his student Ray Rothman watch their airplane burn at Roosevelt field, Long Island. They leapt from the plane an instant before the photo was taken.
17.5 x 16 cm
- Aircraft accidents--New York (State)--Long Island--1930-1940
- Fires--New York (State)--Long Island--1930-1940
- still image
- These materials are either in the public domain, according to U.S. copyright law, or permission has been obtained from rights owners. The digital version and supplementary materials are available for all educational uses worldwide.
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Image Collection
- Chicago Sunday Tribune (January 5, 1930), p. 3
- Pacific and Atlantic Photos, Inc.