Provide feedback on this item
Please provide details, labels, or ideas that will help this image be more findable and better described.
They battled death
Colonel C. D. McAlpine and his seven sky prospectors stand beneath the wings of his plane with a group of people native to the region.
21.5 x 20.8 cm
- Eskimos--Arctic regions--1920-1930
- Explorers--Canadian--Arctic regions--1920-1930
- Lost persons--Arctic regions--1920-1930
- McAlpine, C. D.--Travel--Arctic regions
- still image
- These materials are either in the public domain, according to U.S. copyright law, or permission has been obtained from rights owners. The digital version and supplementary materials are available for all educational uses worldwide.
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Image Collection
- Chicago Sunday Tribune (December 22, 1929), p. 3
- Pacific and Atlantic Photos, Inc.