Provide feedback on this item
Please provide details, labels, or ideas that will help this image be more findable and better described.
A city in sorrow
Photograph of the funeral arch erected in Chicago, Illinois, after the assassination of U.S. President Abraham Lincoln in 1865. A crowd gathers at the railings near Lincoln's casket.
15.8 x 19 cm
- Funeral rites & ceremonies--Illinois--Chicago--1860-1870
- Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865--Death & burial
- Presidents--United States--1860-1870
- Tombs & sepulchral monuments--Illinois--Chicago--1860-1870
- still image
- These materials are either in the public domain, according to U.S. copyright law, or permission has been obtained from rights owners. The digital version and supplementary materials are available for all educational uses worldwide.
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Image Collection
- Chicago Sunday Tribune (October 20, 1929), Picture Section, p. 1
- Chicago Historical society