Provide feedback on this item
Please provide details, labels, or ideas that will help this image be more findable and better described.
Oldest extant copy of the Chicago Tribune
A copy of the oldest existing issue of the Chicago Daily Tribune, dated December 28, 1850, with the headline: Annual Muster of the Trade and Commerce of Chicago for the Year 1850. Reprint from History of Chicago.
13 x 15.5 cm
black and white
- still image
- These materials are either in the public domain, according to U.S. copyright law, or permission has been obtained from rights owners. The digital version and supplementary materials are available for all educational uses worldwide.
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Image Collection
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Advertisement Collection
- Chicago Sunday Tribune (October 13, 1929), p. 8
- Andreas, A. T. (Alfred Theodore), 1839-1900