Provide feedback on this item
Please provide details, labels, or ideas that will help this image be more findable and better described.
One big river to cross
Four men stand by a truck on a raft constructed of canoes lashed together. Two of the men are explorers who are being ferried across the river, which contains high crocodile and hippopotamus populations.
17 x 25.5 cm
- Expeditions & surveys--Kalahari Desert--1920-1930
- Fords (Stream crossings)--Africa--1920-1930
- still image
- These materials are either in the public domain, according to U.S. copyright law, or permission has been obtained from rights owners. The digital version and supplementary materials are available for all educational uses worldwide.
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Image Collection
- Chicago Sunday Tribune (September 16, 1928), Picture Section, p. 1
- Chicago Tribune (Firm). Press Service